As I mentioned earlier this week, I have just begun sharing a new therapeutic intervention tool at Learn 2 Focus: FITLIGHT™! It’s a brain training activity that helps increase processing speed and cognitive and motor function through using a visual, light sequence.
Here’s why I am recommending it to my clients:
1. It’s fun! FITLIGHT™ is a wireless light system composed of 8 RGB LED lights and a central PDA controller. The lights are targets that you activate or deactivate during a series of gross motor movements. As each light is deactivated, response time is measured and real-time feedback is provided on how fast or slow you reacted.
2. I love how you can receive immediate feedback in relation to your performance, or you can choose to review the feedback later for future analysis by downloading it to your computer. You see how well you reacted, and you learn how you can improve next time, building up to a more challenging speed.
3. FITLIGHT™ improves reaction time by increasing the speed at which neurons fire and communicate. In other words, it improves Neurotiming, or, timing in the brain. This means you also increase attention and executive functioning, motor coordination and balance, language processing, reading and math fluency and more.
4. It can be used on its own or together with another program I offer, called Interactive Metronome. Whether it’s through math problems, spelling tests or sorting tasks, FITLIGHT™ can be customized to your weaknesses and also strengths. I like to start the program at a very easy sequence, so that the child’s confidence levels grow and we see a gradual improvement throughout each session.
5. Through rewiring the brain and helping the brain create faster neuron firing, FITLIGHT™ can help athletes improve their speed, processing, accuracy, as well as impulse control. It is also successfully used for children with ADHD, Apraxia/Dyspraxia, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Brain Injury, Cerebral Palsy, Dyslexia and more.
If you’d like to learn more about FITLIGHT™, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!