We are gearing up for the summer…which means it’s almost time for our Executive Function Bootcamp! Space is limited and reservations are necessary, so I just wanted to give a final shoutout to parents who want their children to improve memory skills and stay on track with everything they learned at school in the spring.
Mark your calendars for the dates below:
· 4th graders: July 11-15
· 5th - 12th graders: June 20-24 (FULL) and July 18-22
· All classes will be held from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
I’m excited about having a guest special education teacher, James Street, teach our bootcamp this year. Street is tailoring the sessions for children who may have ADHD, ADD, working memory deficits, developmental disorders, as well as those students who need strategies to improve organization, study, and test taking skills.
Why Your Child Should Take the Bootcamp:
1. Better Memory: Many children who have ADHD or ADD have working memory deficits that make it hard for them to remember information from class. The bootcamp will target improving their working memory so that kids can better remember lessons from different subject areas.
2. Test Smarter: Street will share one-to-one test taking strategies for children so that they are better prepared when they head back to school.
3. Get Organized: One of the biggest culprits of poor academic performance is bad organization skills. Students will learn how to identify their own disorganization, clean out unwanted materials and develop an organization system that works for them.
4. Communicate Well: Being able to communicate well with peers and adults in order to accomplish a goal. Effective communication enhances time management and flexible thinking skills.
5. Free Art: Sign up asap and receive a free week of art classes, held June 13 to 17 and taught by artist and muralist Lynn Speakman. Keiki can enjoy watercolor painting, stone painting, cartoon drawing, portrait drawing, oil pastel and pencil shading and a bonus project of creating a topographic map.
Book your space for Executive Functioning Bootcamp – remember, seats are filling up! – and give me a call at 808-352-0116.